Menu

Slider

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Easy Caprese Salad | Recipe


Yum! Doesn't that look delicious?! 

I know it is officially fall now and this seems like more of a summer-ish dish, but I wanted to share this incredibly easy and healthy caprese salad that I love making. What's awesome is that it only requires a few ingredients and tastes so good! It is important to note that you must use fresh mozzarella and fresh basil for this recipe, otherwise, the taste will not be the same. Recently I have been making an effort to eat only "whole foods" instead of processed junk. But this is so quick to make--it was my version of fast food today. I made a little mini-salad for lunch because I was the only one eating. The quantities can be easily adjusted to suit your needs. 


INGREDIENTS

Fresh Mozzarella
(found in the specialty cheese section, often near the deli, at the grocery store)
Fresh Basil 
(you can get this at the grocery store or grow your own basil plant)
Tomatoes 
(I used mini San Marzano, but tomatoes on the vine will work well, too)
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Sea Salt
Black Pepper

DIRECTIONS

Wash basil and tomatoes well.
Cut basil into small strips.
Chop tomatoes and mozzarella into small, bite-size pieces.
Add these ingredients to a bowl. 

Mix equal parts of olive oil and balsamic vinegar together. 
For a small, personal-sized salad, I used about 2-3 teaspoons each. Adjust to your taste.
Add to tomato mixture and mix well. The mozzarella will look brown from the vinegar.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
All done!


Enjoy!

0 comments:

DESIGNED WITH LOVE BY BDD