Menu

Slider

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pumpkin Chip Muffins | Recipe

I don't post recipes very often here, but every fall my kids beg me to make this, so I just had to share. I first acquired this recipe from a friend at church who brought them for our Sunday school class. They were gone in about five minutes. I thought making them for my kids (who love most any kind of muffin) would be a good way to introduce pumpkin to their little taste buds. Sure enough, they devoured them quickly. Maybe it has something to do with the pumpkin and chocolate chip combination that is so yummy...

I adapted the original recipe from my friend to fit our tastes. You can also easily make your own modifications using almond or coconut flour and honey instead of sugar for a bit of a healthier muffin. Just do some experimenting and let your kids help. That's the fun part!

This recipe makes about 24 regular sized muffins or 48 mini muffins. Enjoy!



Ingredients

3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup sugar
1 can (15oz) pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1-2 cups mini chocolate chips
Butter for greasing muffin tins

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin tins. Place eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat on low with hand mixer until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in another bowl. Add slowly to wet ingredients using hand mixer until fully incorporated. This batter will be thick. Fold in chocolate chips.

Fill greased tins about 3/4 full. Regular-size muffins, bake for 14-16 minutes; for mini muffins, bake about 10-12 minutes or until they test done. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing.

Store in airtight container. These muffins freeze well.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are amazing! I made these earlier this week, with a few modifications, and they turned out great. Thank you for posting!! I am posting my pictures (and a link to the recipe on your blog - not posting the recipe itself) and story on Friday if you're interested! :)

Blessings,
Nicole @ WKH

Bethany said...

So glad you enjoyed the recipe! Glad I was able to pass it along! :) I tried to look at your blog, but it says that it is restricted.

DESIGNED WITH LOVE BY BDD